Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

DAVID’S PLEA FOR LIGHT!

 

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

 

DAVID’S PLEA FOR LIGHT!

 

Psalms 43:1

Judge me, O God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation: O deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man.

2 For thou art the God of my strength: why dost thou cast me off? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?

3 O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles.

4 Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God.

5 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

 

King David was in distress, was on the run, and hiding in the wilderness. He was being pursued by his enemies. He prays and asks God to send out His light to clarify this present darkness, to send His truth to stand against confusion and uncertainty in his heart and mind.

 

We may not be running from an enemy in the wilderness but there is much confusion and darkness in our world today! Our peace is disturbed, our present is troublesome, and our future is uncertain. We need God’s light and truth to guide and to comfort us. We long to return from the wilderness and to worship in God’s holy hill. David longed for the house of worship because he had been driven from it.

 

Liars make no effort to disguise their falsehood and violence has replaced justice. Threats and pressure direct our culture and our rule of law. Lunacy has thrown wisdom to the ground. We need the truth! The path that seems so familiar is full of shadows. Like David, we need God’s light to see the way clearly.

 

Dear Lord, we are never disappointed in you. Guide us today with Thy light and truth. Cause us to hope, and may today be filled with praise. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment