Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2020

DAVID BEN JESSE – PART 2.1

 

Thursday, September 10, 2020

 

DAVID BEN JESSE – PART 2.1

DAVID KILLS GOLIATH

1 Sam 17:45-46

45 Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.

46 This day will the Lord deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.

 

           Each side had chosen a “champion” to determine the outcome of the conflict and David was Israel’s only volunteer. Each stood insulting one another until David finally laid out what was to be a prophetic battle plan.

 

           First, it is not about the size of the soldier but the size of the soldier’s God. You come to me with a huge spear and a heavy sword, but I come to you hidden by and armed only with the name of the Lord of hosts [the God of battles]. My God will deliver you into my hand.

 

           Next, I will smite thee! You are too big to miss. I have five stones for my sling for you have a brother and three sons! His brother and three sons were also of giant stature. The name of Goliath's third son does not appear in the Bible, but it was said that 'he had on every hand six fingers, and on every foot six toes' (2 Samuel 21:20-21). There was one stone for each giant.

 

           Next, I will use your own sword to take off your ugly head. I will grasp it by the hair and lift it high so that the armies of Israel can see that stupid and surprised expression on your face which was your last.

 

           Israel’s armies will be emboldened to cross the stream and put all of Philistia to flight. Your dead will carpet the ground and provide food for the ravens and the wild beasts, and everyone will know that there is a God in Israel.

 

           I don’t know what your giant looks like today, but you can stand boldly behind your God. He is the Lord of hosts [the God of battles].

 

Isa 54:17

17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.

 

Lord, help us to both see and use the power you have given us. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment