Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2020

EVER INCREASING CONFIDENCE!

 

Saturday, September 26, 2020

 

EVER INCREASING CONFIDENCE!

 

Ps 62:2

2 He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.

 

Ps 62:5-6

5 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.

6 He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.

 

           The Psalmist begins his song by declaring that he is waiting for God to come and save him. In verse two he knows that he is defenseless without God. One gets the sense that the Psalmist had exhausted all other helps and is now hiding in his only stronghold. His level of confidence is that he may be slightly shaken but not greatly moved.

 

           In verses three and four, the Psalmist indulges in some angry talk against his enemies. It is the scene of two fighters, nose-to-nose, daring the other to blink. In this way he tries to build his confidence for the battle to come.

 

           In verse 5, he is talking to himself. It is that silent whisper of the soul that says “don’t lose hope.” God is faithful and He will come to my rescue.

 

           In verse 6, he has dropped the word “greatly” and now declares that he will not be moved at all. Hope has reached full maturity and confidence has put on its armor. The outcome is no longer in doubt.

 

Dear Lord, we know that one day our enemies shall fall like a tottering fence. Let our confidence rise and grow. Come quickly to our aid. AMEN

 

Ps 62:8

8 Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.

No comments:

Post a Comment