Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2020

HE TRADED PLACES WITH ME!

Wednesday, September 2, 2020

 

HE TRADED PLACES WITH ME!

 

Isa 53:4-5

4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

 

2 Cor 5:21

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

 

           I often wonder why Jesus traded places with me and just what that means regarding individual benefits. It is a worthy thought process and time consuming.

 

         He traded His righteousness for my sin and all my sins. I doubt I will be able to explain it but I will try. His purity was exchanged for my wickedness. I am now, in the sight of God, as pure as God’s Son. All charges against me have been not only “dropped” but expunged and forgotten. Yet, I remember them all too well on too many occasions.

 

           He traded His life for my sentence of death. Paul tried to explain it and came very close to doing so. Gal 2:20 “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” I know that the sentence of physical death still reigns in me for “it is appointed unto man once to die.” Hebrews 9:27

 

           He traded His health for my sickness! With the marks from the lashes we are healed. Isaiah 53:5 Pacificationum nostrarum, "our pacification;" that by which we are brought into a state of peace and favour with God. (from Adam Clarke's Commentary)

 

           He traded his free access to the Father for my outcast condition. On the Cross the Father turned his face away and the sun refused to shine. We now have boldness to enter the holiest place. Hebrews 10:19

 

Rom 11:33

33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

 

Dear Lord, Thank you for the inconceivable, unsearchable, and inexhaustible blessings I own because you traded places with me. AMEN

 

No comments:

Post a Comment