Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2020

SORROW MAY ENDURE FOR A NIGHT!


Saturday, April 11, 2020

SORROW MAY ENDURE FOR A NIGHT!

Ps 30:5
Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

The following poem was cut from Charles H. Spurgeons “Morning and Evening.”

"O King of Grief! (a title strange, yet true
To Thee of all kings only due)
O King of Wounds! how shall I grieve for Thee,
Who in all grief preventest me!"

           I try to place myself in the sandals of the grieving apostles but can’t quite feel what they must have felt on that day before Christ’s resurrection. I know that they were huddled together in fear and sorrow. They had lost the One they had followed for three long years. They had witnessed Him raise the dead but now He, himself was gone. So many things He had said were being discussed but none fully understood. The joy of tomorrow was unimaginable on this sad day.

           We also are suffering sadness, sorrow, and separation. For the first time in more than 50 years I will not attend Easter services in a church building overflowing with worshippers. I will, of course, worship. But I will worship alone with family.

There is coming a day
When no heartaches shall come
No more clouds in the sky
No more tears to dim the eye
All is peace forever more
On that happy golden shore
What a day, glorious day that will be

Dear Lord, comfort your people today and give them a glimpse of tomorrow. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment