Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2020

GOD’S PROMISES FOR TODAY!


Sunday, April 5, 2020

GOD’S PROMISES FOR TODAY!

Isa 41:10-16
10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
11 Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish.
12 Thou shalt seek them, and shalt not find them, even them that contended with thee: they that war against thee shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought.
13 For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.
14 Fear not, thou worm Jacob, and ye men of Israel; I will help thee, saith the LORD, and thy redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.
15 Behold, I will make thee a new sharp threshing instrument having teeth: thou shalt thresh the mountains, and beat them small, and shalt make the hills as chaff.
16 Thou shalt fan them, and the wind shall carry them away, and the whirlwind shall scatter them: and thou shalt rejoice in the LORD, and shalt glory in the Holy One of Israel.

In these verses God promises…

1. His PRESENCE for the lonely!

One translation says: “Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.” (v.10) Anxiety is the companion of the lonely. When we are abandoned we long for a companion either to challenge our opinions or to confirm them. Jesus promised to be that constantly abiding friend we need.

2. His POWER for the helpless!

I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. (v.10) He is our strength when we are weak – help when we are out of resources – and support when we fail and fall.

3. His PROTECTION for the vulnerable!

Children and the elderly are particularly vulnerable in this world. Those who would abuse them should pay close attention to what the Bible has to say about God’s love of widows and orphans!

Ps 68:5
5 A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his holy habitation.

4. His PURPOSE for those who feel useless!

I will make thee a new sharp threshing instrument having teeth: thou shalt thresh the mountains, and beat them small, and shalt make the hills as chaff. (v.15)

Dear Lord, thank you for being all that I need today. I bring to you my long list of deficiencies and you give to me your long list of supplies. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment