Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

TOGETHER IN THE CLOUDS!


Wednesday, August 22, 2018

TOGETHER IN THE CLOUDS!

1 Thess 4:16-18
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

           Many of my family and friends are already gone. Others are simply out of reach because they live many miles away. I’ve often longed to gather them all together in one place for a glad reunion. Well, that time is coming!

           The word “rapture” is nowhere found in the Bible. We get the idea from verse 17 and the words “caught up” which is derived from the Greek harpazo which denotes “to seize; to catch away; and to pluck up!” Suddenly, unexpectedly and wondrously believers will be taken away and gathered together. How I long to embrace those who are gone!

I SHALL KNOW HIM
Fanny Crosby
When my lifework is ended and I cross the swelling tide,
When the bright and glorious morning I shall see;
I shall know my Redeemer when I reach the other side,
And His smile will be the first to welcome me.

Chorus:
I shall know Him, (I shall know Him,) I shall know Him,
And redeemed by His side I shall stand;
I shall know Him, (I shall know Him,) I shall know Him
By the print of the nails in His hand.

Lord, thank you for the promise of a glad reunion. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment