Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2018

A RESTLESS SPIRIT!


A RESTLESS SPIRIT!

Ps 34:17-19
17 The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.
18 The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.

           I was gifted with a melancholy temperament. I say it is a gift because it is not a choice I would have made. I experience times of unexplained sadness. These times always drive me to God and so I arrive at my first comment – it is a gift.

           Nehemiah was the king’s cup bearer. It was a high position for a Jewish slave deported from his beloved Jerusalem. Everything was fine until a traveler informed him of the sad condition of his homeland. His countenance changed. He stopped smiling. Furrows of worry crossed his brow.

           As for Nehemiah, his sadness was the beginning of a movement. A quick prayer and a brief explanation enlisted the aid of his king. His life’s purpose was launched on an ocean of tears. Jerusalem would be rebuilt.

           No one can have the peace of God until they are at peace with God. When your soul is restless check your relationship with God. Let your disturbed spirit drive you to God. Let God drive your responses; your goals; and your ambitions. You may be on the verge of a wonderful breakthrough.

Ps 42:5
5 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.

Lord, now that you have my attention, channel my spirit and my strength toward your goals and purposes. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment