Pages

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

WEARING DOWN



WEARING DOWN!

Dan 7:24-25
24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.
25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Rev 6:9-10
9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

           In the midst of his prophecy, Daniel describes the “wearing down” of the saints. The Hebrew word means “to afflict.” If you will pause for a moment for a self-check you might notice a few ragged edges around your soul.

           Lately I have been in an unacceptable mood. I am trying to learn to keep my mouth shut when this happens but often people will notice my silence and try to draw me out. The simple truth is that I don’t specifically know what the problem is. It’s just everything! Wickedness in the political world, pressure from the market place with prices skyrocketing, disillusionment with others and disappointment with myself. It’s just everything more than anything! Believers will find this world to be a progressively unfriendly place because our citizenship is in heaven (Hebrews 13:14).

Gal 6:17
17 From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.

           Paul ended his epistle to the Galatians with an appeal to simply be left alone. The Greek word which is translated “trouble” actually means “to cut.” Paul had been worn down. Adam Clarke puts it this way: “Let me be grieved no longer with your defections from the truth.” What do we do when we feel the “cut” of a world that rejects our God and us in the bargain? We flee to the Rock!

Ps 61:2
2 From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

Sometimes I feel discouraged
And I think my works in vain
I'm tempted oft(en) to murmur
To grumble and complain
Ohh...but then I think of Jesus
And all he's done for me
Then I cry
Ohh...rock of ages
Hide thou me

Dear Lord, be my Rock today. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment