Pages

Friday, May 26, 2017

ATTITUDE SMOOTHES THE WAY



ATTITUDE SMOOTHES THE WAY!

Prov 14:6
6 A scorner seeketh wisdom, and findeth it not: but knowledge is easy unto him that understandeth.

The Hebrew meaning attached to the word “scorner” means “to make a mouth at.” The idea is to purse the lips or to mock. It is a facial response to an internal attitude. That attitude is pride. It comes from the person who over values himself and discounts the price of others. He or she is always anxious to gain honor and favor and will do most anything to receive it. These eagerly receive honors they have not earned and display trophies which have no real meaning.

The scorner despises the counsel of God. He seeks wisdom, so that he may boast of having it, but he never finds it because he is searching in the wrong places. He shuns the Scriptures and ignores the prodding of the Holy Spirit. His own attitude has completely blocked his being able to receive wisdom. Knowledge is “easy” to him who has a teachable spirit and to him who seeks it with his whole heart.

Jer 29:13
13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Someone has said “there is no quality that sticks more closely to a scorner than pride, and nothing more evidently obstructs right reasoning.” Simply put, a man who knows everything can be taught nothing!

Ps 32:8-9
8 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.
9 Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee. [Follow willingly. Do not make me pull you along.]

Dear Lord, forgive me of my pride and make me pliable and teachable. Guide me today with your eye. Help me to see as you see. Keep your eye on me and keep me from foolishness. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment