Pages

Monday, May 29, 2017

HIS FOOTPRINT ON MY HEART



HIS FOOTPRINT ON MY HEART!

1 Cor 10:13
13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

           Because a thing is wrong, does not preclude my attraction to it! I am a man of two natures like the Apostle Paul. In Romans chapter 7 he painfully describes the struggle that rages in the heart of the man with two natures. What he wants to do he does not do and what he loathes to do he seems addicted to. In Romans chapter 8 he explains that the liberating difference is Jesus.

Rom 7:24-8:1
24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

           Isaac H. Meredith, in 1900 wrote a hymn called Seal us, O Holy Spirit which conveys the thought of Christ’s image stamped on our heart. The first stanza is below.

Seal us, O Holy Spirit,
Grant us Thine impress, we pray;
We would be more like the Savior,
Stamped with His image today.

Dear Lord, walk throughout my heart and leave your footprints today. Be the difference between me and sin. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment