Pages

Saturday, May 13, 2017

AND AFTERWARD



AND AFTERWARD!

Ps 73:24 KJV
24 Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.

Ps 32:8 KJV
8 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

           The life of the believer is not a series of accidental happenings. We are children of the Most High God and we are called to a glorious purpose. While we have freedom of choice in the decisions we make, God leads us along and guides the events of our lives to accomplish His goals for us. Roadblocks, detours and potholes are actually guides. The Word of God is our roadmap and our destination is sure.

           Much of my life has already been spent and I can see His loving hand guiding me all along the way. I thrill at what he has yet in store for me. I am more settled now than ever before and yet more restless. It is a conflict I have learned to accept as normal for me. My gifts and my calling are more acceptable to me and I have left off trying to accomplish someone else’s dreams. This is the backward look

           Our text offers a forward look. It says: “and afterward!” Ah! Afterward! I take that to mean the end of life. Like Stephen when he was being stoned, I expect to see Jesus standing at the Father’s right hand. I shall see angels waiting to congratulate me on finishing my course. I look forward to seeing loved ones gone before and I shall receive an inheritance that does not fade away. Afterward! This is the forward look.

Mark 9:2-4 KJV
2 And after six days Jesus taketh with him Peter, and James, and John, and leadeth them up into an high mountain apart by themselves: and he was transfigured before them.
3 And his raiment became shining, exceeding white as snow; so as no fuller on earth can white them.
4 And there appeared unto them Elias with Moses: and they were talking with Jesus.

Dear Lord, thank you for daily counsel and guidance but most of all, thank you for a bright “afterward!” AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment