Pages

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

LAZY!



LAZY!

Prov 26:13
13 The slothful man saith, There is a lion in the way; a lion is in the streets.

           Let me tell you a story from my childhood. In our front yard there was a mound of topsoil that my father had brought in to fill a low spot. I was assigned to spread it and smooth it out. I procrastinated and made excuses why I couldn’t do it. After awhile it hardened into a small mountain of crusty dirt.

           Time after time, Dad would tell me to smooth out that mound of dirt. He even suggested I could use the bone shaking, front tine, rotor tiller to break it up. I still made excuses! Finally, in exasperation, my father called me lazy! It hurt my feelings and made me angry.

           With an angry “I’ll show you” attitude, I started the tiller and literally climbed that mountain with it. I dragged the dirt down and smoothed out that mound of dirt. When I finished I was still steaming mad but I noticed that Dad was standing not far away laughing at me. Proudly he said: “I knew you could do it if you tried.”

           I had more ability than I thought. All I needed was proper motivation. My father had first angered me and then complimented me on a job well done. Now, even to this day, I remember this story whenever I have a daunting task.

Phil 4:13
13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

No comments:

Post a Comment