Pages

Sunday, May 14, 2017

FADED PICTURES



FADED PICTURES!

Eph 6:1-3
6 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
2 Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;)
3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.

           Today is Mothers’ Day and, for some reason, it’s a bit difficult for me. Images of mother vie for first place in my mind. All of them are faded because she has been gone for a number of years. I remember her sitting in her recliner which faced the front door. She would be the first to greet any children or grandchildren that visited.

           Of all the counselors and mentors Mother was the most consistent. She was a country philosopher and some of her “sayings” still ring in my mind. They became proverbs to me and they still are true. Solomon must have felt the same way when he said: “My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother: For they shall be an ornament of grace unto thy head, and chains about thy neck. (Prov 1:8-9)

           Honor – to place a high value upon – your mother today. If she still lives, spend time with her. Do something good and nice for her. If she no longer lives, spend some time rummaging through some old faded pictures.

Dear Lord, thank you for my loving mother. Please give her a hug for me. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment