Pages

Monday, January 4, 2016

PRAYER PROMPTS CONFESSION


PRAYER PROMPTS CONFESSION!



Isa 6:5

5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord  of hosts.



Ps 51:4

4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.



           Even casual contact with the One who is Holy shines an intense light upon the sins that we have tried to hide! Our sin becomes so obvious that we cannot ask for anything in prayer before we first ask for forgiveness and cleansing.



           When Isaiah saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, he also saw his own particular sin. Of all the sins that he may have had on his account it was the sin of unclean lips that was outstanding. He could not proceed before he dealt with sin.



           An active and consistent prayer life keeps us clean. Like the daily bath or shower, we are ready for any appointment or engagement. When we pray, before showering us with gifts or answering urgent needs, the Holy Spirit deals with our sin. I am glad for that! It keeps my account short.



           Immediately after Isaiah confessed his sin, God dispatched an angel to cleans him. “Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar: And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.” Isa 6:6-7



1 John 1:9

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.



Dear Lord, let prayer keep me close enough to you to see your holiness – and my sin. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment