Pages

Monday, January 18, 2016

IS THAT YOUR FINAL ANSWER


IS THAT YOUR FINAL ANSWER?



Jer 20:8-9

8 For since I spake, I cried out, I cried violence and spoil; because the word of the Lord  was made a reproach unto me, and a derision, daily.

9 Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay.



           Jeremiah’s burden was heavy because it was not well received by those that heard it. The word “derision” indicates that the prophet was made a laughing stock. This burden was so heavy that Jeremiah decided to resign his prophetic office and return to his home.



           When the servants of God find themselves in trouble because they've been faithful in ministry, they're often tempted to question their call and reconsider their vocation. It is as dangerous to refuse to go when called, as it is to run without a call. When a messenger suppresses the message it begins to torture him from inside. Many have abandoned opportunities to quit because they didn’t want the heartburn.



           Jesus gave His servants adequate warning in John 15:20 when He said: The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.



Dear Lord, there are wounded soldiers that need encouragement today. Help them as they reenlist. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment