Pages

Friday, August 8, 2014

WITH FRIENDS LIKE THAT!


WITH FRIENDS LIKE THAT!


Zech 13:6
6 And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

Prov 27:5-6
5 Open rebuke is better than secret love.
6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.


          Perfidy! We don’t use it in common language but it means “a violation of faith or loyalty; treachery.” Who among us have not suffered at one time or another the violation of trust? We have a “friend” in whom we have learned to confide and at an unexpected time that friend has betrayed us – sometimes with lavish kisses.

          Rebukes may actually be more genuine expressions of friendship than kisses! A rebuke is meant to alert my friend to some deficiency that, left untreated, would cause him harm. If my friend reveals in me some blind spot, and I correct it, he has truly been my friend.

          Jesus is a true friend! Because He loves us He may rebuke or chastise us but the basis of his rebuke is for our betterment. He desires the best for us and will not let us march on foolishly toward self-hurt. A false friend sees us only as a resource and will toss us away when we are spent.

Prov 18:24
24 A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.

Dear Father, let me be a true friend to all my friends even if it means an occasional rebuke. Help me to beware of and forgiving of the kisses of perfidy. Thank you for being my truest friend. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment