Pages

Saturday, August 23, 2014

A SPIRITUAL SELF – TEST!


A SPIRITUAL SELF – TEST!


Who am I and what kind of Christianity do I really practice on a daily basis? I believe that is a question we should ask ourselves from time to time. If today is a convenient time for you to ask, let me suggest a few probing questions.


1.      AM I CONTENT WITH THE PERSON I AM BECOMING?


Eph 4:22-24
22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Every day – sometimes multiple times within that day – there is a need to put off and put on! As I mature am I growing into a wise person who can provide answers to those who follow after me? If I should ever leave my office as a pastor will I have anything left to fill the vacuum?


2.      IS THE CORE OF MY LIFE QUIET?


Ps 46:10-11
10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
11 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge.

I read somewhere that the motto of most people is: When in trouble, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!”


3.      DO I HAVE A GROWING PRAYER LIFE?


Are my daily decisions made with prayer or are they driven by personal desires?

Phil 4:6-7
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.


4.      AM I BECOMING TRULY HUMBLE?


Phil 2:3
3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

Nothing is more arrogant than false humility. I do not need to deny the talents I have but I must remember that those talents are a product of God’s working in me. If God has given me a talent or an ability then He intends to direct the use of both for His purposes and His glory.


5.      AM I OBEDIENT IN SMALL MATTERS?


1 John 2:3-4
3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

The above verse is strong medicine and needs no comment from me!


6.      IS THERE JOY IN MY LIFE?


John 15:11
11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

Joy is not the same as happiness. Happiness is a result of pleasant “happenings!” Joy is the result of knowing that God is in control of every situation – even the unpleasant ones.

Dear Lord, running headlong in my direction today are both good things and bad. Help me to face them both with calm and confidence. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment