Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2014

UNDER NEW AND BETTER MANAGEMENT!


UNDER NEW AND BETTER MANAGEMENT!


1 Cor 6:19-20
19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's [which belong to God].

1 Cor 7:22-24
22 For he that is called in the Lord, being a servant, is the Lord's freeman: likewise also he that is called, being free, is Christ's servant.
23 Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men.
24 Brethren, let every man, wherein he is called, therein abide with God.

Rom 6:19-21
19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed?

Ex 21:4-6
4 If his master have given him a wife, and she have born him sons or daughters; the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out by himself.
5 And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free:
6 Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever.


          America’s own history makes it difficult to imagine any positive aspects to slavery. The above verses, however, remind us that while we were the servants of sin we were “free from” or unable to respond to the laws of God. We had to be purchased by a new master at an enormous price. Once bought, we were then free from responsibility to the former master.

          Oh! When I remember life under my former master, I must agree with Romans 6:21. The fruit of all that labor was shame! Why would anyone want to return to that master and do his bidding? Though he has no more legitimate claim to us, he tries to lure us away with false promises.

          Now, under a new and better management, my life has purpose and my Master cares deeply for me. I am well clothed, well shod, and well fed. I labor but the labor is easy and my burden is light (Matthew 11:29-30).

Ps 40:8
8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

Master, thank you for purchasing me away from a harsh and abusive taskmaster. Bore my ear through and let me serve you forever. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment