Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2014

NO MIRACLES – JUST TRUTH!


NO MIRACLES – JUST TRUTH!


John 10:32-42
32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.
39 Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand,
40 And went away again beyond Jordan into the place where John at first baptized; and there he abode.
41 And many resorted unto him, and said, John did no miracle: but all things that John spake of this man were true.
42 And many believed on him there.


          How many miracles did John the Baptist? Not one! His was not a ministry of healing but of heralding the coming of Messiah. This was his task. He understood it clearly and performed it faithfully. I think our task is the same if I understand the Great Commission.

          We ministers want to have a spectacular ministry. We want to accomplish things that are, if not miraculous, at least noteworthy. We want to be recognized while we live and remembered when we die. But it was John Baptist who said: “He must increase but I must decrease!” (John 3:30) Ah, there you have it, the shrinking subject and the looming Lord! We are called to truth-telling in obscurity and the line of applicants for this job is short.


LITTLE IS MUCH

Does the place you're called to labor
Seem too small and little known?
It is great if God is in it
And He'll not forget His own.

Refrain:
Little is much when God is in it
Labor not for wealth or fame
There's a crown and you can win it
If you go in Jesus' Name.

Dear Lord, let me say with John Baptist “He must increase but I must decrease!” AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment