Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

HIS DEVICES!


HIS DEVICES!


2 Cor 2:10-11
10 To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ;
11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

1 Peter 5:8-9
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.


          Merriam – Webster says that the word “devices” means:  “a scheme; a stratagem.” It is easier to understand if you think of these devices as burglary tools. This is appropriate since Satan’s goal is to break through, steal and kill.

          I’ve seen it happen time after time! Satan will use his devices to separate friends (Prov. 17:9). Once the devil gets the fight started he doesn’t care who wins because he hates both parties! His goal is to have each party destroy the other. We should not be ignorant of his devices.

          If you find yourself embroiled in one of these devil-inspired controversies, ask yourself “Who will benefit from all of this?” After a bit of thinking you may discover that neither party will benefit, no matter which one wins, but Satan will cackle with glee. At that moment you will know that you “have been played!” We should not be ignorant of his devices.

          I’ve also noticed that the Holy Spirit will try to warn us that something is not quite right. The air will hang heavy with foreboding and your spirit will be unsettled. These are times that the roaring lion is walking about seeking whom he may devour. When all your spiritual sensors bristle, beware! We should not be ignorant of his devices.

          Make no mistake about it! The devil hates you! He hates it that you, if you are a believer, will live eternally in heaven while he will be consigned to hell. He hates it that you have a personal relationship with a God that he has abandoned. He is in a constant rage. Everything he does is destructive. Do not become a pawn in his game. We should not be ignorant of his devices.

John 10:10
10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Dear Lord, thank you for the whole armor of God. Let me gird myself with each piece. Thank you for the guidance of your sweet Holy Spirit. Be always at my side. Guard my mind and my mouth. Restrict the wrong deeds I might do and encourage and empower those good things I attempt. Be Mighty God for me today. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment