Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2020

GOODNESS AND MERCY!


Sunday, June 14, 2020

GOODNESS AND MERCY!

Ps 23
23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

           There is a song that is running through the halls of my mind that is full of the hints of Scripture. I remember it as “God Leads His Dear Children Along.” Now, that may not be the title but here are the words that are stuck in an endless loop on my mind.

In shady green pastures so rich and so sweet
God leads His dear children along (Psalm 23)
Where the waters’ cool flow bathes the weary ones’ feet (again Psalm 23)
God leads His dear children along.

Some through the water (like Moses)
Some through the flood (like Noah)
Some through the fire (like Daniel)
But all through the blood. (like the Passover)

Some through great sorrow
But God gives a song (see Psalm 77:6)
In the night season and all the day long.

Lord, I feel the walls of the valley’s pass. Insanity screams on my left and fear whimpers on my right. Peace only is found in following you through the middle of them both. At the end of our journey is shade from the tormenting heat and rest for the weary soul. Thank you, Kind Shepherd. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment