Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2019

MY RECORD IS ON HIGH!


Wednesday, December 4, 2019

MY RECORD IS ON HIGH!

Job 16:19-20
19 Also now, behold, my witness is in heaven, and my record is on high.
20 My friends scorn me: but mine eye poureth out tears unto God.

           Job is a wonderful model of how to endure injustice. Job could not possibly know that he was being used by both God and the Devil to demonstrate the strength of his faithfulness.

           Job sought for a “daysman” or lawyer in chapter 9 and verse 33. He wanted someone who could “lay his hand upon us both.” This daysman we know is Jesus who is both God and man! He has status with the Father and was made in the likeness of man. He could span the gulf betwixt God and man.

Job’s friends, once they found their voice, condemned him for unknown sins. Surely, they thought, God would not afflict a man unjustly. Surely, they thought, he was suffering the just punishment for some secret sin.

           Job’s response was that his record was on high. God knew the truth of it and the sum of it. When the truth was finally revealed he would be vindicated and the accusations of his “friends” would make them ashamed.

           I have a record on high – and so do you. What will the reading of that record reveal?

Matt 12:36-37
36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Ps 139:23-24
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment