Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2019

JOY IN THE MORNING!


Thursday, December 19, 2019

JOY IN THE MORNING!

Ps 30:4-5
4 Sing unto the Lord , O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
5 For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

           I don’t always wake up like a child on Christmas morning, but I did today. My heart is full of rejoicing and thanksgiving. I am an imperfect pastor who loves and is loved by an imperfect church. I can see God working in many lives. I’ve seen God provide, heal, and bless. I watch as God comforts the sorrowful, fills the hungry, and protects the innocent. It’s amazing!

           Out the front picture window of my childhood home you could see the farm across the road. In the background you could see the white farmhouse. Off to the right you could see the barn. In the foreground you could see a pasture with a pond right in the middle of it. On frosty mornings you could see the steam rising off the pond and the horses running in the morning sunlight and then standing and shivering with every muscle twitching against the cold. It was nature’s dance of rejoicing. All the senses were alive. It’s that kind of morning for me!

           Ebenezer Scrooge awakens from his overnight encounter with three spirits and he pinches himself. He can’t stop smiling! He dances a silly little jig then he runs to the window and flings it open to view the sunlight sparkling off the freshly fallen snow. It is a new day and he has been given a new chance at living – really living. No more shivering before a fire barely visible. No! From now on Bob Cratchit would stoke the flames with huge chunks of coal. It’s that kind of morning for me – and I hope it is for you as well.

Rom 15:13
13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Dear Lord, let me run with the frost at my ankles and the sun on my shoulders. Let me shiver with the thoughts of your bountiful blessings. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment