Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

HE CROWNS THE YEAR WITH GOODNESS!


Tuesday, December 31, 2019

HE CROWNS THE YEAR WITH GOODNESS!

Ps 65:4-5
4 Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple.
5 By terrible things in righteousness wilt thou answer us, O God of our salvation; who art the confidence of all the ends of the earth, and of them that are afar off upon the sea:
Ps 65:11
11 Thou crownest the year with thy goodness; and thy paths drop fatness.

I generally view Psalm 65 as a Thanksgiving Psalm because it praises God for a successful farming season. Because today is the last day of a sometimes wearisome year, it, like a fine dessert, needs a cherry on top.

Newspapers will shortly begin publishing their “year in review” editions. The events will, no doubt be politicized to shine a favorable light on a particular view. In reality, this year, like most years, is a mixed bag of good and bad but atop it all there we find the goodness of God.

A heavy sigh, like the last breath of a dying man, is how I picture the end of this year. It has been, for me, a long race and I am glad to cross the tape not caring much that I didn’t finish first. A deep, perhaps gasping breath, and I am ready to run again.

Jer 29:11
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected [tiqvah = thing that I long for] end.

Lord, behind is the grueling race just run. Ahead is a contest and a challenge. Thanks for being my trainer and my coach. Let’s do this! AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment