Pages

Friday, November 8, 2019

WALKING WITH THE WISE!


Friday, November 8, 2019

WALKING WITH THE WISE!

Prov 13:20
20 He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.

Prov 13:20
20 He who walks [as a companion] with wise men is wise, but he who associates with [self-confident] fools is [a fool himself and] shall smart for it.
AMPLIFIED

           Choices have consequences and that includes the choice of our companions and friends. If it is true that birds of a feather flock together, then those who travel with the ignorant shall become dull. Those who keep company with the wise, though he be the dullest among them, will become wiser and wiser over time.

           For youth to discount the wisdom gathered from the collective experiences of the aged is foolish. For the older person to assume that youth have no depth of thought or perception is also foolish. He shall mentor no one and his wisdom will be lost.  Paul advised Titus in chapter two to encourage the older and the younger to collaborate on important issues of life. Life skills training begins in the home and continues in the church.

           I have no student debt for those things I learned at my mother’s knee except a debt of gratitude. Through the years I have had many who have mentored me. I have avoided many painful situations because of them.

Isa 32:6
6 For the fool speaks folly and his mind plans iniquity: practicing profane ungodliness and speaking error concerning the Lord, leaving the craving of the hungry unsatisfied and causing the drink of the thirsty to fail.
AMPLIFIED

Dear Lord, let me not waste the pain I have received by foolish choices. Let me invest myself in the next generation. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment