Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

I CAN – THROUGH CHRIST!


Tuesday, November 26, 2019

I CAN – THROUGH CHRIST!

Phil 4:13
13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

           The Great Pyramids in Egypt were either built by ancient aliens that laid out the design from their spaceships or they were built by the slave labor of the Jews from Goshen. Crumbling after thousands of years but still standing, the structures are a wonder and a cause for ridiculous speculation by man so modern he can’t conceive of such a feat being done by anything less than modern means. I prefer to believe that these magnificent structures were built with the skills given by God and the sacrifices of the builders. It takes as much faith to believe either theory!

           The “I can” spirit is the Spirit of God. The “through Christ” spirit is the humble testimony to the real brains and power behind any venture. Paul was not bragging on his own ability but on God’s. His confidence was not in himself but in the one who energized him.

           When my daughter was a little girl, she would try to remove the lid from a jar. She would twist and grip and grunt, but the lid would not come off. I watched her grow increasingly frustrated until she would say, “I can’t do it.” Then I would ask her if she was using all her strength. “Yes, I am.” She would wail. “I am using all the strength I have!” I then took the jar, twisted off the lid for her and said, “No, you didn’t ask me for help. I am also part of your strength.”

Ps 121:2
2 My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.

Dear Lord, today many hard tasks may lay before me. Be my strength. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment