Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2019

THERE’S STILL A CHANCE!


Thursday, November 7, 2019

THERE’S STILL A CHANCE!

2 Chron 7:11-15
11 Thus Solomon finished the house of the Lord , and the king's house: and all that came into Solomon's heart to make in the house of the Lord , and in his own house, he prosperously effected.
12 And the Lord appeared to Solomon by night, and said unto him, I have heard thy prayer, and have chosen this place to myself for an house of sacrifice.
13 If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people;
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
15 Now mine eyes shall be open, and mine ears attent unto the prayer that is made in this place.

           David had desperately desired to build a Temple for the Lord, but it was not to be. He was a man of war and God refused him. Nevertheless, his son Solomon would complete the project of his heart.

           Once the house was done, Solomon dedicated it with sacrifices and with prayer. This is the prayer that God heard and accepted saying “I have heard thy prayer.” Then God added a principle for the people to live by. There would be times of punishment for sin. God would withhold rain and send pestilence in response to sin but IF the people would acknowledge their sin, and humble themselves before the Lord, He would always respond with forgiveness and healing.

           We have sinned and our land is sick. Let us humble ourselves before the Lord and ask for healing for our nation. There is still a chance!

           One other thing encourages me this morning and that is that I have a child and grandchildren who may yet accomplish what God has withheld from me. I have spent two days with college students who have committed themselves to impact their world. Yes, our children may yet build our temples and complete our dreams. Let us build for our children a land in which those things may yet be done.

Joel 2:12-13
12 Therefore also now, saith the Lord, turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning:
13 And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the Lord  your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil.

Dear Lord, help me to do what I can and leave the rest to you. Help me to accept those things I can’t change. Please bless my children and grandchildren as they seek to obey you. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment