Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

WALKING BY FAITH!


Wednesday, October 23, 2019

WALKING BY FAITH!

2 Cor 5:7
7(For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

Close your eyes tight. Imagine for a moment that this condition is permanent! Such a thought makes one quickly try to memorize those solid things that comprise your surroundings. We know there will be some bruised shins and some broken treasures as we stumble along. Yet off to my right, even with my eyes closed tightly, there is a hint of a light. I turn toward it and surely the light is there but what it illuminates is yet unclear.

Now imagine someone taking you by the hand. He knows your condition and promises to guide you so that you don’t fall. Moreover, he gives you a verbal description of everything along the way. Colors, textures and shapes must be first viewed by the one that sees clearly and then spoken to you as he guides you.

Nervously we follow this guide, first in fear, later in doubt and finally in total trust! Ultimately, we learn to rely so fully on this guide that we will not take a step without him. This is walking by faith.

Now imagine that you have your sight and yet this guide continues to try and lead you. At first you refuse this guidance and finally you reject it as unnecessary and unwelcome. At a fork in the road the guide suggests a particular direction but because you can see you reject it for a more pleasant path. Curiously you still find yourself with bruised shins and broken treasures clumsily knocked aside. This is walking by sight. I wonder if we might walk more securely if we would doubt our doubts and trust our faith.

Rom 8:24-25
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Ps 27:11
11 Teach me thy way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path…

Dear Lord, although I see, let me close my eyes to my own weak wisdom and place my hand in your guiding hand. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment