Pages

Saturday, October 12, 2019

FAST! REALLY FAST!


Saturday, October 12, 2019

FAST! REALLY FAST!

Luke 17:24-27
24 For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.
25 But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.
26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. 27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

           People who died yesterday had plans for today! Death does not always come as a rickety old man slowly and painfully. Sometimes it is as sudden as a lightning bolt. The plans for a last-minute prayer may not be the best plan.

           The God with whom we plan to spend eternity wants to be part of our today and tomorrow. When I get to heaven, I want to have already established a familiarity with Him that is comfortable. I don’t want to be introduced – I want to be able to recognize Him from our ongoing friendship.

           Verse 27 explains the painfully frustrating task of warning the unconcerned. They think we are crying “wolf” and that they have plenty of time. They keep right on doing what they had always been doing as if life has no expiration date.

           The flash of a camera captures us in mid-stride. Don’t let your final action be an act of ugliness. Don’t let your final words be – “Maybe later.”

Ps 19:14
14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

James 4:14
14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

Dear Lord, with whom I walk every day, let my words be sweet and my actions kind. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment