Pages

Saturday, March 30, 2019

NUMBERED WITH THE TRANSGRESSORS!


Saturday, March 30, 2019

NUMBERED WITH THE TRANSGRESSORS!

Isa 53:11-12
11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

           Isaiah 53 chronicles the sacrifice of Messiah and Jesus perfectly fulfilled those things listed. In verse 12 Isaiah says that Messiah was numbered with sinners. The Hebrew word is maw-naw’ and means ” to constitute officially; to enroll.” I am reminded that believers have their names written in the “Lamb’s book of life” (Revelation 21:27) and I wonder if there is a similar book or list of transgressors.

           Jesus “poured out his soul unto death” which the Jew would recognize as a reference to the drink offering. “ I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.” (Ps 22:14)

           If there is a list of sinners, then my name was written there. When Jesus died His name was numbered on the list of transgressors and my name was written in the Lamb’s Book of Life. What a wonderful transaction.

2 Cor 8:9
9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

Dear Lamb of God, you saw me in my moral poverty and exchanged your account for mine. I am now considered righteous because you were enrolled on the list of sinners. Thank you for saving me. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment