Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

THE PROTECTION OF PRAYER!


Tuesday, February 12, 2019

THE PROTECTION OF PRAYER!

Ps 23:3-4
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Ps 138:7
7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me.

           How many dangers and snares do we never see because someone has prayed for us? Has angelic intervention kept us ignorant of the threats of the Evil One? Has God throttled hell’s imps on our behalf because somebody prayed? Probably!

           Probably the most telling encounter is from Second Kings. There Elijah and his servant were surrounded by the enemy and the servant cried out “Alas, my master, how shall we do?” Elijah answered with a confident comment and a prayer.

2 Kings 6:16-17
16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.
17 And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

           Children are particularly guarded by heaven’s helpers.” Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.” Matt 18:10

1 Sam 12:23
23 Moreover as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the Lord in ceasing to pray for you:

Dear Lord, thank you for those who continually pray for me. Help me to never fail those that I need to pray for. AMEN

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this great reminder of God's protection of his children!

    ReplyDelete