Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

I’M A MARKED MAN!


Tuesday, February 19, 2019

I’M A MARKED MAN!

Heb 2:6
6 But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him?

           The writer of Hebrews directly quotes Psalm 8:4 and it is set like a diamond against Psalm 8:3 which refers to God’s marvelous creation. The incredible idea is that, with all the wonders of observable creation, God chooses to FOCUS on man!

           The word “mindful” is stronger in the Hebrew than the Greek where it refers to being “marked so as to be recognized.” Out on the hillside young David must have lounged beneath the stars while surrounded by his sheep. Looking up, David was amazed that God even thinks about man.

When Hagar and Ishmael were sent away into the desert to die, she was visited by an angel who pointed out a well. She named that well and that place Beer-Lachai-Roi which means well of a living (One) my Seer. Or, simply, “Thou, God, seeth me.”

           Christ “hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts. (2 Cor 1:22) Believers are marked by a spiritual mark seen by God as he looks at the masses. He knows those that are His own. I am, therefore, a marked man even as the children of Israel were marked by the blood on their door frame in Egypt.

Dear Lord, thank you for the precious blood that marks me and sets me apart as your purchased and prized possession. I can’t escape your view or your tender mercies. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment