Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2019

HE IS THE GOD OF BETTER DAYS!


Tuesday, February 5, 2019

HE IS THE GOD OF BETTER DAYS!

Ps 30:10-12
10 Hear, O LORD, and have mercy upon me: LORD, be thou my helper.
11 Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;
12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.

           We are now well into a brand new year and it is busier than ever and just as troublesome. For some the excitement of a new year lies scattered on the ground like the debris from Times Square. The party is over and we all long for better days.

           I’ve lived long enough to believe there is nothing so dark that God can’t make brighter. There is no circumstance so baffling that He can’t make a way. There is no table so bleak that he can’t burden it down with a feast. There is no pocket so empty that he can’t fill it with an abundant supply and there is no grief so bitter that he can’t turn into dancing.

           I know of some this morning that wait by a sickbed worried and grief stricken. Trust in God! He will turn your sorrow into joy. I know of some this morning that sit confused because their bright path has stopped short against a cold closed door. Trust in God for He makes a way in the wilderness! He can turn your confusion and disappointment into confidence and hope. Wait for Him! He is not far away as you suppose. He is as close as a heartbeat. Cry out to Him! He hears our very breath.

Dear Lord, for me and for so very many of my friends today, please turn mourning into dancing. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment