Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2018

THE SECRET PLACE!


Saturday, November 24, 2018

THE SECRET PLACE!

Ps 91:1.14-16
91 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

           The Psalmist King had known treachery and skullduggery. He was targeted by Saul’s javelins more than once as he played his lyre. Even his son, Absalom had dethroned him and sent him into the forests with a small band of loyalists. Those loyalists would threaten to stone him at Ziklag when they returned to find their hideout burned and their families captured.   

           With the declining sun at his back and still facing his enemies, David cast a longer shadow then he thought because the Almighty was standing behind him blending His shadow with that of His shepherd.

           David had set his love upon the Lord and a strong alliance had been formed long ago. He would be delivered. When he called, the Lord would answer. Though unworthy, David would be honored.

           Through many dangers, toils, and snares he had already come. Grace had carried him safe thus far and Grace would lead him home.

Ps 90:14
14 O satisfy us early with thy mercy; that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.

Oh Lord, I know that the fierce battles of life will be won because our alliance is strong. Thou art faithful to me and stronger than all my troubles. Thank you for Thy long shadow behind me. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment