Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2018

IF IT WERE NOT SO!


Sunday, November 11, 2018

IF IT WERE NOT SO!

John 14:1-3
14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

           In the midst of one of the most comforting portions of Scripture, Jesus makes a point of reinforcing His truthfulness. He makes a promise and is determined to keep it.

           Lying is so common these days it has come to be expected. It is a prime tool of customer service people. Four days ago a young lady promised that she would ship certain medical supplies “overnight.” Well, overnight has taken four days and, according to the tracking number will take three more! Perhaps I misunderstood her. Perhaps she meant that she would begin the process the next morning.

           I am glad that God keeps His promises. I have lived long enough to experience the verification of His faithfulness many times over. What He promises He will do.

           Let us make truthfulness part of our character. Let us practice truth telling until it becomes a habit.

Num 30:2
2 If a man vow a vow unto the Lord, or swear an oath to bind his soul with a bond; he shall not break his word, he shall do according to all that proceedeth out of his mouth.

Thank you, Lord, for being trustworthy and faithful. Let me be more like you in keeping promises and telling truth. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment