Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

IT IS GIVING TUESDAY!


Tuesday, November 27, 2018

IT IS GIVING TUESDAY!

Acts 20:34-36
34 Yea, ye yourselves know, that these hands have ministered unto my necessities, and to them that were with me.
35 I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.
36 And when he had thus spoken, he kneeled down, and prayed with them all.

           I learned this morning something I did not know! After Thanksgiving and the well named but horrible Black Friday and the trendy Cyber Monday comes Giving Tuesday. It is a day devoted to sharing with others.

           I’ve been asked “What do you want for Christmas?” At my age my usual answer is “I don’t know and I don’t care.” It makes me hard to buy for but it is an honest reflection of the fact that I have accumulated a lot of stuff in my life and that I am well favored. I am surrounded by generous people.

           Why did Jesus say it is more blessed to give? Because it indicates that you have more than enough. You have a surplus. It also indicates that your heart is not cold and stingy.

           Think for a moment. Is there someone you could surprise with an appropriate gift today?

Eph 4:28
28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

Dear Lord, of all that you have given me please give me one more thing. Give me a generous heart. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment