Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2018

SO MANY REASONS!


Thanksgiving, November 22, 2018

SO MANY REASONS!

1 Thess 5:18
18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

           It is finally here. Today is Thanksgiving Day. I’m up early as usual but the house is full of family and the smell of freshly baked pies – baked by the granddaughters – still hangs in the air. Rachel’s big black Labrador is asleep on the couch. It’s quiet … for now.

           I’m thankful for my church which I have been privileged to pastor for more than 21 years. The love I have for them is truly hard to express. We spoil each other. None of us are perfect and all of us have problems but we are a family and that is marvelous.

           I’m thankful for my wife who is the “Energizer Bunny.” She is happily involved in everything and I am blessed to have her as my partner and helper.

           I’m thankful for my child. God only gave us one but she is so very special. She is my favorite. Her husband is loyal, godly, and a dedicated husband and father. My two grown granddaughters fill my heart with joy. They are so beautiful and smart I marvel at them.

           I am so blessed that I can’t think of a need that has not been supplied or a “want” that can’t wait. God has dumped blessings on me. It’s almost embarrassing. I blush with unworthiness.

           I’m thankful for salvation through Jesus, mercy through His kindness, and grace through his sacrifice. I am guilty but He was punished. I am dirty and He has washed me whiter than snow. “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.”  Ps 23:6

Dear Lord, I have so much I can’t list all your blessings. Thank you! AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment