Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2018

RESTING – RESCUE – REPRESENTING!


Saturday, September 29, 2018

RESTING – RESCUE – REPRESENTING!

Ps 40:1-3
40 I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.

           Resting! David did what is the most difficult thing to do when you are going through tough times. He waited patiently. Well, I’m still working on that character strength and God keeps “helping” me by allowing me to endure situations beyond my control.

           Rescue! God responded by bringing David out of what he called a “horrible pit.” The original language indicates a cistern where every sound was echoed. The howling of the wild beast would have been amplified. The longer he stayed the deeper he sank. “He brought me up” is literally “to arise” and many commentators liken it to the resurrection. Once on the rock the “goings” are easier.

           Representing! The rescued heart burst forth in songs of praise. People hear it. They notice the change in attitude. Despair has turned to hope. Those who had lost hope now take courage because of what God has done. Without knowing it, the Psalmist had become a living testimonial to the grace of God.

Dear Lord, waiting is hard because rescue is desperately needed. Let me be brought up from my roaring pit. Let my lips praise you. Let others see it and take courage. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment