Pages

Monday, September 17, 2018

CAN THESE BONES LIVE?


Monday, September 17, 2018

CAN THESE BONES LIVE?

Ezek 37:1-3
37 The hand of the Lord was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones,
2 And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry.
3 And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord God, thou knowest.

           Warren Wiersbe explains: “At the beginning of Ezekiel's ministry, the Spirit transported him to sit among the discouraged exiles by the canal (3:14 ff). Later, the Spirit took him in visions to Jerusalem (8:3 ff), to the temple gate and then back to Babylon (11:1,24). Now the Spirit brought him in a vision to a valley filled with many bleached bones, scattered on the ground, the skeletons of corpses long ago decomposed and devoured by carrion-eating birds and animals. These people were slain (37:9), and they may have been soldiers in the Jewish army (v. 10).”

           The obvious point is that God is the God of impossible situations! These were not sick bodies but dead ones. The need was not revival but resurrection. God made man from the dust of the ground and He had little more to deal with in this case! Ezekiel was powerless except for his prophetic contribution. He could only speak to them! “O ye dry bones, hear the word of the Lord. Ezek 37:4”

           Israel said “ Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: Ezek 37:11” Perhaps you feel the same way about your own situation. You see no way out of your predicament. There is no cure for your disease and no hope for your cause. But know that God still sits comfortably on his throne and He rules. He can cause dry bones to live!

Ps 42:11
11 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

Dear God of hopeless causes, look upon the dryness of my situation and restore life. Let me yet praise you. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment