Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2018

A BIT OF ELIPHAZ IN THE MORNING!


Wednesday, September 12, 2018
I hope you enjoy this “Classic”

A BIT OF ELIPHAZ IN THE MORNING!

Who or what is an Eliphaz? Well, Eliphaz was one of Job’s “cruddy buddies” who came to watch him suffer all his mysterious troubles. All of Job’s friends came to evaluate why Job was having so many disasters in his life. Each one gave his opinion. It seems that if a man talks long enough he may say something of value. Let’s see the wonderful advice of Eliphaz.

Job 5:8-9
8 I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause:
9 Which doeth great things and unsearchable; marvelous things without number:

With his chin in his hand and a scowl on his face, Eliphaz says that when all is said and done the best course of action is to commit your cause to God. If you have sinned God will surely let you know about it and you then have a chance to repent and receive forgiveness and restoration. If you haven’t then you can sue for understanding or relief. God does some mighty fine things. His works are “unsearchable” which means you can’t figure them out. God does some things that absolutely are contrary to the natural laws that He himself has set up! Yes sir! I would make my appeal to God.

There are FOUR THINGS that demonstrate the trustworthiness of God.

I. GOD’S LOVE

God is love! Love is an essential element of His very nature. He is love and all love proceeds from him. It naturally follows that His responses to my petitions will be based upon that love.

1 John 4:16
16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.


II. GOD’S TRUTH

A lie is told to deceive and that is simply NOT how God does business. Fear does not prompt Him to lie in order to protect himself as lying often serves us. Ambition does not prompt Him to lie to so that he might gain something He could not get otherwise. God cannot lie because of His nature and DOES NOT lie because there is no need to do so. We can trust Him. He will not deceive us.

Titus 1:2
2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

III. GOD’S ABILITY

We can’t even begin a discussion about the capacity of God. His rich supply exists outside any container made for it. He is able to do exceeding and abundantly more than we could ever ask or think. (Eph. 3:20)

IV. GOD’S CONSTANCY

God does not change. He promised never to leave us or to forsake us. Over and over He promised to be with us always. Like the air – He is always there! Look at the following verses.

Ps 139:7-10
7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

So Eliphaz was right when he said that the best course of action was to simply “seek unto God” and make your appeal to Him.

Dear Lord, whatever this day may hold for me is already in your mighty hands. I submit my cause and my course unto Thee. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment