Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2018

IT’S HARD TO WAIT!


Saturday, September 8, 2018

IT’S HARD TO WAIT!

Ps 27:13-14
13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

           The phrase “wait, I say” is found only once in the Authorized Version. It is emphatic and sounds like a mother scolding a toddler! I’m not a good waiter. I’m a fixer! I have learned, however, that my primary tool is a monkey-wrench. Waiting gives God time to not only apply the right tools but to actually DO the work for you.

           It’s hard to wait for a gift. Like an anxious child at Christmas, many of our youth find it hard to wait for the benefits of married life because those benefits are wrapped in responsibility. They rip and tear at the wrapping so that they can satisfy themselves on the benefit. All too often the gift is tossed aside so another can be ripped apart. “Wait, I say.”

           It’s hard to wait for a solution to a problem. Because God has graciously gifted most of us with a bit of intellect, we push ahead to solve a problem that only God can solve. The result is often more problems. “Wait, I say.”

Heb 10:36
36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Dear Lord, I’m not a good waiter! My desire to act is more than equal to my need to wait. Waiting is emotionally, almost physically, painful. Help me to wait patiently for you. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment