Pages

Monday, October 23, 2017

WEEPING FOR YOU!



WEEPING FOR YOU!

Ps 56:8-9
8 Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book?
9 When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for God is for me.

1 Cor 12:26
26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

Job 30:25
25 Did not I weep for him that was in trouble? was not my soul grieved for the poor?

           As an under-shepherd, I often see the distress of my people and feel a strong desire to rescue or repair the damage done to the sheep whether it is a wound from an enemy or pain caused by foolishness. It is a strong desire that sometimes brings tears. But I am not the good shepherd. I am only an underling. No, the good shepherd gave His life for the sheep – and for me.

           Do you weep for yourself this morning? Are the circumstances of life causing you grief and tears? You need to understand that, unseen to you, there are others weeping for you as well. Parents, co-workers and friends may be brought to tears because of your plight. Certainly your pastor may weep for you but God is touched by your situation as well.

           Do you weep for others? Who weighs so heavily upon your heart that tears are squeezed from your eyes? You wish that you could salve and solve their problems but often you can’t. When a remedy is absent tears are present. We cry out to God for those we care deeply for. Such is our great High Priest who constantly prays for us to His Father.

Heb 4:15-16
15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Dear Lord, the need of others pushes aside my own concerns and causes me to weep for them. Behold my tears and mark them. Put them into your bottle. Help those I cry for today. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment