Pages

Thursday, October 5, 2017

LONGING FOR JESUS!



LONGING FOR JESUS!

Song 3:1-2
3 By night on my bed I sought him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not.
2 I will rise now, and go about the city in the streets, and in the broad ways I will seek him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not.

           Not many teachers will venture into the Song of Solomon because it is an intimate love story that can cause both teacher and student to blush. Here, the Shunamite has had a dream about her lover and begins a search to find him. She leaves the security of her home and roams the streets asking the watchmen but they have not seen him either. Eventually she finds him and will not let him go!

           Four times, once in each of the first four verses, she describes him as “he whom my soul loveth.” This reveals the depth of the Shunamite’s love for Solomon. Married love should never lose this kind of romance.

           This morning I awoke with a longing to connect with my Jesus. I study Him as part of my craft. I serve Him as part of my calling but this morning I sought him as my deep desire. The Christian heart should never lose this kind of romance. I was reminded of an old chorus sung as a child in church.

Longing for Jesus

Longing, longing for Jesus
I have a longing
In my heart for Him
Just to be near Him
To feel His presence
I have a longing
In my heart for Him

Dear Lord, satisfy the longing of every searching heart. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment