Pages

Saturday, October 28, 2017

FINISH IT!



FINISH IT!

Phil 4:7
9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

           My desk is usually stacked with half finished projects. I dare not clear the clutter for fear that I will upset some project which must then be started over. It is a shameful admission, I know, but I suspect many of you can relate to this. I think it is because a new project is presented to me before the old one is done. This happens so often that soon I am hopelessly behind in my work.

           Paul, writing to the Philippians, urges them to finish the process of discipleship. They had been taught sound principles from the Bible and had seen them practiced by their teacher. Now it was time to do what they knew to do. The little word “do” is the Greek word prasso and means: “to practice repeatedly; to accomplish; to finish.”  Are you practicing repeatedly and habitually all the “Christianity” that you have been taught? The Apostles were given one final command before Jesus returned to His Father. We know it as The Great Commission.

Matt 28:18-20
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

James Ryle relates a story of Leonardo Da Vinci and one of his students. The Master had prepared a canvas, mixed the palette, sketched in the picture of what he was going to paint, and began applying his brush to the work — laying in colors and tones, shadings and hues that brought the sketch to life with every stroke.

Then, without any warning, Da Vinci turned to his student and handed him the palette and brush, saying, "You finish it." The student was taken back. "Your greatness," he said in true humility, "I cannot even presume to finish your work." And Da Vinci replied, "Will not what I have done inspire you to do your very best?"

Dear Lord, let me be inspired by your work and your sacrifice so that I may finish my assignment here. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment