Pages

Saturday, October 21, 2017

SURRENDER IS THE KEY!



SURRENDER IS THE KEY!

Ps 66:1-7
Make a joyful noise unto God, all ye lands:
2 Sing forth the honour of his name: make his praise glorious.
3 Say unto God, How terrible art thou in thy works! through the greatness of thy power shall thine enemies submit themselves unto thee.
4 All the earth shall worship thee, and shall sing unto thee; they shall sing to thy name. Selah.
5 Come and see the works of God: he is terrible in his doing toward the children of men.
6 He turned the sea into dry land: they went through the flood on foot: there did we rejoice in him.
7 He ruleth by his power for ever; his eyes behold the nations: let not the rebellious exalt themselves. Selah.

           We like to think of ourselves as autonomous beings with the power to do what we want; a relative omnipotence. We have listened to the serpent in the garden when he promised us that “we shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.” We want to demand that all our wishes be satisfied and that we should never be disappointed.

           We view surrender to the will of another, even to the will of God, as a challenge to our rule. It is an invasion of our kingdom by another king so surrender is not easy for us.

           Are you fearful that the bottom may drop out from under you, that some calamity will ruin your plans, the only thing that will quell these fears is surrender to the loving heavenly Father.

Jer 17:7-8
7 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.
8 For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.

           If God is God and he most certainly is, then I must surrender to Him. If He is wiser at His worst than I am at my best, then I must surrender to Him. If He is rich beyond imagination then He is able to care for me. If He loves me with an everlasting love then His thoughts toward me are benevolent. I can rest in His authority for His banner over me is love.

Lord most high, rule over me with strength. Manage my affairs from heaven and reign over me with love. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment