Pages

Friday, January 16, 2015

REFINER AND PURIFIER!


REFINER AND PURIFIER!


Mal 3:3
3 And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the Lord  an offering in righteousness.

          The sons of Levi comprised the priesthood. They represented God to the people – and the people to God. Their office and duties were a series of sacrifices and cleansing. Ritual washings were their constant tasks. Why? Because God is holy and righteous altogether.

          Silver and gold, in their raw and natural state, are mixed with many other substances. Carved out of the rock, they may actually represent a small part to the ore. Taken from the earth, the ore is beaten and then heated so that it releases its metal in pure form. It is then poured into molds and polished before it finally becomes what it was intended to be.

          Believers often wonder why God allows them to endure such hardships. It is because God sees in us a beautiful vessel. He digs us out of the dirt and cleans us up. Then he beats us to remove large portions of useless things. Finally He subjects us to immense pressure until only that which is precious emerges.

          Perhaps today you are being hammered and heated. You look skyward and cry that it is more than you can bear but you can’t see what God sees. He is doing a work in you. Be patient! You will soon be not only useful but beautiful.

Isa 48:10
10 Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.

Job 23:10
10 But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.

Dear Lord, you see me more clearly than I can ever see myself. Sustain me in the heat and pressure of trials so that I may come forth as gold. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment