Pages

Monday, January 12, 2015

JEHOVAH – SHAMMAH!


JEHOVAH – SHAMMAH!


Ezek 48:35
35 It was round about eighteen thousand measures: and the name of the city from that day shall be, The Lord  is there.


          The children of Israel were nearing the end of their captivity in Babylon. They had been there so long that enthusiasm for Jerusalem had begun to wane. Ezekiel had earlier predicted the destruction of the Temple but now he is carried away in Spirit to Jerusalem and he returns with a message of encouragement. Jehovah – Shammah! The Lord is there!

          In captivity, their song had departed from them and they were taunted by their captors. God had punished but not abandoned His people. He was still there in that place he preferred.


Ps 137:1-6
137 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion.
2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof.
3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion.
4 How shall we sing the Lord 's song in a strange land?
5 If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning.
6 If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.


          Dear child of God, perhaps you too are nearing the end of your own personal captivity! Can you feel it? There is an electric energy that, beyond evidence, tells you that it is almost over. Now news comes to reassure you that God is there!

John 14:16-18
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Oh God who keeps promises, thank you for being there. Thank you for being here. Let me sense your presence in my life today. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment