Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2015

HE WON’T FORGET YOU!


HE WON’T FORGET YOU!


Ps 34:15
15 The eyes of the Lord  are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.

Isa 49:15-16
15 Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.
16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.


          Wal-Mart has a new sign on the front door. It is a warning to not forget your child locked in the car. Perhaps there should be some sympathy for parents who are only going into the store for one or two things. They won’t be long! But inside the store there are so many things to distract that one might indeed forget a child left for only a moment in a very cold or very hot car. The result of forgetfulness could be tragic.

          That God should keep His eye on me, is an amazing thought since He obviously has many things to attend to. The attention that I receive is not born of duty but love. He can’t keep his eyes off of me! His gaze is transfixed. In searching out the language of Psalm 34:15 I find that there is no word for “upon.” That means that the reading is: “The eyes of the Lord are the righteous.”

          The image in Isaiah 49 reminds me of some love-struck teenager who draws their beloved’s name on their hand with a pen. Perhaps they will even carve it on their desk! Why do they do that? First, it is a reminder to themselves and then it is a warning to other potential suitors. None other may claim the attention I receive from the One who has written my name upon His hand.

          Dear believer, the eyes of the Lord are continually upon you. He has not left you and will not leave you. He loves you so much He can’t take His eyes off of you. You can take comfort in knowing that He knows your situation and is working toward a favorable outcome.

Dear Lord, sometimes we become distracted and leave you behind but we know that you never take your eyes off of us. Thank you for such faithful attention. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment