Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I’VE HIT A STUD!


I’VE HIT A STUD!


Isa 22:23-24
23 And I will fasten him as a nail in a sure place; and he shall be for a glorious throne to his father's house.
24 And they shall hang upon him all the glory of his father's house…

Eccl 12:11
11 The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd.


          How many of you have had this conversation? “Honey, can you help me hang this picture? Sure baby, let me get my hammer and a nail. Hey! We’re in luck. I think I’ve hit a stud!” Finding a stud meant that the nail would surely hold firm and the weight of the picture would not pull the nail from the gypsum board.

God chose a new man, Eliakim ("God will raise up"), and called him "My servant." Instead of exploiting the people, he would be a father to them and use his "key" (authority) for the good of the nation. He would be like a dependable peg, hammered into the wall, on which you could hang many burdens. But even a godly leader like Eliakim could not prevent the ultimate fall of Judah, for one day the whole nation would fall (v. 25). Eliakim is a picture of Jesus Christ (Rev 3:7), the greatest Servant of all. Warren W. Wiersbe

          In a world of uncertainty, those who have found Christ or, rather, have been found by Him, have something secure on which to hang their hat. “Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. Heb 13:5-6

Dear Lord, thank you for the certainty and security that I enjoy. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment